Instructor, ASPIRE – REQ001810
AC3: £46,047 to £51,805 annually, pro rata
Maximum 3 posts (minimum contract 0.5 FTE) – 3 FTE in multiple subjects
1 year/fixed term
THE POST – ASPIRE Lecturer
Learning Transformation has many vacancies across multiple subjects, including one-year tenures, instructors, and ASPIRE posts.
Aspire is a new university-wide initiative that helps students make the most of their experience at UWS through participation in a series of modules designed to support their academic, professional and personal development. . Students will have the opportunity to explore their aspirations for university study and consider how their degree ties into other aspects of their personal and professional lives. This module is an opportunity for students to confidently acquire the skills, knowledge and personal qualities that will prepare them for her 21st century life and work.
Successful postholders are primarily responsible for delivering the first year of this new academic, professional, and personal development curriculum and series of modules known as ASPIRE. This role is grounded in transforming learning, but includes working with schools and the entire portfolio of learning, teaching and students to deliver positive and transformative student experiences through ASPIRE.
Learning Transformation is a dedicated team of academics, learning designers, and digital learning technologists sitting within the Vice Principal’s Office of Learning, Education, and Students. Continuously enhancing learning, teaching and curricula at UWS to inspire students and the wider university community to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s greatest challenges through cutting-edge teaching and impactful research Join us to keep doing it.
This post is focused on supporting the realization of key goals within the UWS Curriculum Framework. That is, to develop and implement a new set of modules that support academic, professional and personal development, and support his UWS graduates with world-ready and developed meta-skills. related to their ambitions, needs and interests.
Teaching within ASPIRE involves engaging students both in groups and one-on-one, utilizing a coaching approach within a discipline-focused context to examine their academic, professional, and personal development. Includes regular meetings with Role holders are assigned to students within a particular subject area and must have relevant subject-specific expertise and broad awareness of the relevant professional context. The ASPIRE module is fundamental to building a context that supports, encourages and inspires student-led learning and forms part of the tutoring system within UWS’s student support model. This post is an exciting career development opportunity for student-centered higher education professionals interested in teaching and implementing a core curriculum within a university.
We are looking for instructors with expertise in the following areas:
- Business and creative industries (including business, event management, human resources management, marketing, broadcast production: television and radio, commercial music, film production and scriptwriting, performance)
- Computing, Engineering, Physical Sciences (including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Forensic Sciences)
- Education and Social Sciences (including Criminal Justice, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Social Sciences)
A minimum of 1 appointment in each discipline is expected at a minimum of 0.5 FTE (17.5 hours per week). The exact distribution of vacancies depends on the expertise of successful appointable candidates.
A successful candidate should have:
- Degree level or equivalent education in a subject area included in at least one of the above subject areas
- Graduate qualification.
- Experience in teaching, evaluating and supporting students in higher education.
- Experience facilitating one-on-one or group sessions with higher education students.
- We have developed an approach to engaging and interacting with students in both online and on-campus sessions.
- Build professional-student relationships through effective facilitation skills, centered around a coaching approach, and effective feedback channels.
- A commitment to providing high quality education and supporting an excellent student experience.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year at The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and ranked among the Top 600 Universities in the World (2022 World University Rankings) and Top 150 Universities Under 50 in the World (2022 Young Universities) by Times Higher Education. university rankings). The University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. With its London campus spread across the country, UWS plays a key role as a leading provider of global knowledge creation, innovation and undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees offer students a transformative experience. Equip yourself with highly sought-after postgraduate skills for global success in the world’s leading sectors, industries and businesses.
State-of-the-art courses, cutting-edge pedagogy, and practical knowledge enable students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research, and innovation, and to apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
We provide our staff with a caring and supportive environment across our five campuses and a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 35 days annual paid vacation + 12 public holidays
- 23% employer pension contributions. This includes death-in-service benefits when joining a pension scheme.
- Initiatives for flexible working styles and work-life balance
- Employee discounts across 3,500 retailers
- On-campus fitness facilities
- Access to a variety of health and well-being resources, including access to occupational health, physical therapy, and employee assistance programs
- Professional, career and research and development opportunities.
For informal inquiries regarding this post, contact Ruth Whitney Senior Lecturer, Academic, Professional and Personal Development: [email protected]
More information, including details on how to apply, is available at: https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Deadline: Monday, October 17, 2022
Interview Date: October 31, 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
The University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. SC002520.
#Lecturer #University #West #Scotland #work #ASPIRE